- 1 Parts Of Speech With Example
- 1.1 Parts of speech with an example:
- 1.2 Types of parts of speech
- 1.3 Noun:
- 1.4 Verb:
- 1.5 What is a preposition?
- 1.6 Role or function of preposition during a sentence:
Parts Of Speech With Example
Just as a building needs to be strengthened to build its base and learn and speak English, we should have a good command of the grammar, and for a good command, we need parts of speech every lesson we should know. Here I will give you parts of the speech with examples so that you can clear a hundred percent confessions. (जिस प्रकार एक मज़बूत बिल्डिंग को बनाने के लिए उसके नींव (base) को मज़बूत करना होता है उसी प्रकार इंग्लिश को सीखने तथा बोलने के लिए सबसे पहले हमें ग्रामर पर अपनी एक अच्छी पकड़ होनी चाहिए और एक अच्छी पकड़ के लिए हमें parts of speech की (शब्द-भेद) की हर एक पाठ (lesson) का हमें पता होंना चाहिए।यहाँ मैं आपको शब्द भेद के साथ-साथ उसके कुछ उदाहरण भी दूंगा, जिससे आपको हर उलझन को दूर करने में आपको मदद मिल सके।)
Parts of speech with an example:
Parts of speech encompass everything a language has in itself. Can you imagine all the words of a language can be sorted into these categories? They play different roles in the structure of a language. In English, there are eight parts of speech: All the English words are divided into nine groups according to work in a sentence. Each group is called parts of speech.
Types of parts of speech
There are nine types of parts of speech:-
2. Pronoun (सर्वनाम)
3. Adjective (विशेषण)
4. Verb (क्रिया)
5. Adverb (क्रिया- विशेषण)
6. Preposition (सम्बन्धसूचक अव्यय)
7. Conjunction( संयोजक)
8. Interjection (विस्मयादिबोधक)
9. Article (उपपद)
A verb may be a word or group of words (phrase) that are accustomed to describe an action, state, or occurrence.
- Action: read, do, walk, learn, etc.
- State: be, exist, stand, etc.
- Occurrence: happen, become, etc.
1. He is a good man. (Using the foremost common to be a verb)
2. We learn from online.- She speaks in English.
3. Rimi is thinking about the incident.
Verbs change their form supported time/tense
- State (past, present, and future)
- Person (first person, person, and third person),
- Number (singular, plural),
- Voice (active and passive), etc.
1. The leopard dashes. ( Here dashes modifies the verb)-
2. He works extremely hard. (here extremely modifies the adverb)-
3. Most of our countrymen are very poor. (Here very modifies the adjective)-
4. I have an idea about the matter.
The function of the adverb in a sentence:
Adverb adds information and impression about time, manner, place, etc. in an exceeding sentence.
What is a preposition?
A preposition could be a word placed or positioned before a noun or a pronoun or noun akin to show the link between a noun or pronoun and other words in an exceeding sentence.
The following are the words used as preposition within the sentence-For, of, on, at, in, to, off, by, up, with, from, into, within, like, until, above, about, against, under, before, after, among, along, across, around, behind, bellow, beneath, beside, between, beyond, down, during, except, inside, near, since, toward, through and upon.
Role or function of preposition during a sentence:
A preposition sits before a noun or a pronoun to indicate nouns or pronoun’s relationship to a different word within the sentence. Preposition helps to construct a sentence.
1.he’s looking for papers.-
2. Rifat lives in Dhaka.-
3. Place the book on the table.-
4. I’ll go there after breakfast.-
5. Look at the sky.- you must stand by him.
1. Rupom and Rifat are two brothers. (noun to noun)
2. You and Rimi have done this work. (Noun to pronoun)
3. You and I will go there. (Pronoun to pronoun)
4. The old man sat down and wept. (verb to verb)
5.We are sad but hopeful. (adjective to adjective)
6. A cat moves slowly and silently. (Adverb to adverb)
7.The bird flies through and through the sky. (preposition to preposition)
Interjections don’t seem to be grammatically associated with the other a part of the sentence.
2.Hey! Don’t you hear me? (calling attention)-
3.Hey! Take it easy. (calling attention)-
4.Uh, I forget the solution. (Express hesitation)-
5.Hurrah! We have won the match. (Express joy)
6.Wow! She is amazing. (Express surprise)